Membership of EFI is open to all workers in the field of Immunogenetics and Histocompatibility. New Members need to be proposed and seconded by two other EFI Members.
In 2011 there are 959 members in 62 countries. There are also EFI Members in a number of countries outside Europe. The annual membership fee is presently 30 Euro. Members receive the quarterly EFI Newsletter free of charge. EFI Members are eligible for a reduced registration fee at the annual European Histocompatibility Conference and can apply for bursaries to attend these conferences. It is also possible to apply for educational bursaries to visit other laboratories. EFI Members are entitled to participate and vote at the Annual General Assembly, where important decisions are made.
PDF File - Membership application Form, to read the .pdf file you will need a copy of Acrobat Reader
Send the completed form to (including credit card details);
- Ms. Ingrid Abelman EFI Office
Dept. of Immunohematology & Blood Transfusion
Bld 1 E3-Q
Leiden University Medical Centre
PO Box 9600
or Fax; +31 71 568 5801
Paying Your EFI Membership Fees
The 2012 membership fee is 30 Euro.
- Please pay online, the payment server accepts the following cards VISA, Mastercard and Carte Bleue. The payment server is run in collaboration with Sogenactif, Societe Generale's secure payment server. Access to the payment server requires the EFI members username and password as published in the EFI Newsletter or the username and password included in you membership acceptance letter.
Some browsers and service providers now automatically block pop-up windows. Please ensure that www.efiweb.eu is added to your list of sites which are permitted to open additional windows.
Pay membership fees online >>
- Due to the excessive bank charges for cashing cheques it is with regret that EFI can no longer accept payment of membership fees by cheque.
- For people who are unable to pay their fees using the on-line payment tool, it will be possible to pay EFI fees in cash during the EFI annual meeting.
- Please note if you did not pay your subscription last year and now wish to pay for both last year and this year, you will have to make two separate payments using the web server. We suggest that you make these payments on two separate days, and also email the treasurer indicating that you have paid your outstanding subscription in this manner.